Tuesday, December 10, 2013


masks





These photos are of a person, presumably a girl, wearing white, a white mask, and red nail polish, applying red lipstick in front of a red wall. I think the colors drawn out, primarily red and white, work well together and make the viewer think concepts such as of passion and purity. I think the lighting might be slightly overexposed, making the white too bright. However, I think the general idea of the photos is conveyed. 


I based the general idea for my shoot off of Cindy Sherman. I think the way she incorporated makeup, masks, and prosthetics into her photos is really interesting. Though her masks are often much more subtle than mine, she was the inspiration for the material in the photo: the lipstick, the colors, the general idea.




1 comment:

  1. So your pictures are intelligent. And you are smart about ideas, so I know that your writing is a lot stronger than this, at least what was required in the writing: Formal and Contextual analysis and answers to more specific questions. Maybe you forgot this part of the course.... I also thought from the film that you are a good performer as well.

    ReplyDelete